Thursday, November 21, 2013

#2cents: Lira – Making Herstory

Firstly the book it’s available at CNA, well that’s where I got mine. I also believe at major book stores. Instead of calling the book just "history", they played around with this word for marketing gimmick which I think works. Two parts; one penned by Lira herself, latter by ex Benoni City Times journalist Clyde Meela, sounds white neh? Lol.

Anyway, in this book I discovered her spark; later as I finished reading decided passion coupled with drive resulted in the success we see today. Anyone who is honest with you will tell you the scary realities that come with leaving a steady, well paying job for “some” music career with no guarantees. Still she followed her dream, signing to 999 Music which I think didn’t understand her vision, I warn you though don’t expect an expose regarding her departure from the label, to me it sounds like there were just two adults who weren’t at the same page at the time.

I think it’s safe to say she has read “it’s not how good you are, it’s how good you want to be” by Paul Arden, her journey reveals. Travelling the lonely road of realizing your goals it’s no a child’s play, we all know that but the moment you visualize that and start working hard, then nothing can stop you. She wanted to be the best in the world, oh boy...the sky is not only the limit for her.




Post a Comment