Thursday, November 13, 2014
Things you don’t know about Candy Mokwena (Tsa Mandebele)
1. She was born and raised at Ga-Sedibeng in Bolobedu, Limpopo.
2. Lost her oldest son not so long ago named Lesley Mokwena. Her youngest son, Oscar, lives with her.
3. She has over 15 cousins.
4. Started singing in the 1980's.
5. She has worked with Penny Penny, Shakabundu Girls(a group she was a lead vocalist), Peter t, Kabelo Mabalane, Ringo and many more.
6. Releases albums under Mosekedi Records, a company that she runs successfully on her own.
7. She is fluent in xiTsonga and her mother tongue, Khelobedu.
8. Tsa Mandebele, a song with Oskido of Kalawa, it is a well known traditional song sung in Bolobedu.
9. She has won awards from MLM FM Music awards in Limpopo.
10. She wears Khelobedu traditional attire all the time on stage.